History

 

We are so proud of our house and we believe it dates back at least to 1902 and the Rev Joseph Smith of the Church of England. We understand that either the Rev Smith or the Church built several houses on Seely Street. Based on records from Saint John City Library we have been able to compile the following list of previous owners of our wonderful B&B.

 

December 2006 – to present
Garth & Helena Millar moved from England and converted the house to a Bed & Breakfast graded to a 3.5 star standard by Canada Select.

1996 – December 2006 – Jim & Peggy Brittain – Freight Forwarders.

1994 – 1996 – Myles Milligan – Manager of Wacky Wheatleys Warehouse.

1993 – not verified.

1992 – James & Catherine Mulligan.

1985 -1992 – Duncan & Shirley Mathieson – Saint John Dry Dock.

1983 -1985 – Douglas & Nadien Templeton – Registered Rep for Richardson Greenshields.

1981 – 1983 – Paul & Susan Groody – employed in City Hall.

1980 – not verified

1977 – 1980 – Robert & Georgina Burgess – Employee of Bank of Canada.

1971 – 1976 – Ronald & Pauline Kinkaide – Real Estate – Central Trust.

1970 – not verified

1969 – 1921 – Gordon J Likley of J.A. Likely Ltd – Timber Merchants.

Gordon’s daughter, Ruth Brown, visited our house in the summer of 2007. Now in her 90’s Ruth was delighted to visit her old home in which she lived for almost 50 years. The local newspaper the Telegraph Journal wrote an article by Valerie Evans¬† about Ruth’s life in and aroud Seely Street. We are very proud to have this article on display in our B&B.

1920 – 1916 – Walter R Miles – Vice President of T. H. Estabrooks Co Ltd – Tea Taster and Tea Merchants.

1907 – 1916 – not verified.

1906 – 1907 – William R Myles.

1902 -1906 – Rev Joseph Smith – Church of England

It was 1901 when Seely Street first appeared in Saint John records